Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Exciting stuff!!

So, it's all over (or maybe it's all beginning).....Yesterday, I successfully defended my prospectus! It went very well, better than I expected. I felt very nervous before I began and then as soon as I started talking, I felt fine. It lasted a little over an hour, including questions and comments from my committee. I didn't think I answered their questions very well, but I got tons of helpful insight into how I can improve my study before I begin. It was a great feeling and it's a nice milestone to have done.
Now, the fun begins! I have to get all the permission and details ready to start collecting data in August until next March. It will be very time intensive in addition to my teaching roles, but I am very excited to do this. So, now when people ask me when I will graduate I can actually give a pretty good estimate- December 2010....and that actually seems close!!!
Thanks to everyone who send emails, messages, etc with their prayers and positive thoughts!

So, now, I need to do all the getting ready stuff I have been putting off before I leave for China March 28. There's lots to do teaching-wise before I leave. This weekend, we're heading to Louisiana for our friends' Allie & Brad's wedding. We are excited and hope to spend a few hours eating good food in New Orleans before we head home Sunday.

No comments: