Tomorrow, I am off China! This week has been great- starting with the awesome surprise party (see below), then a great breakfast with girlfriends yesterday morning and one of the best meals I've ever had with my Matt. Tonight, my parents, sister, Matt, and I are heading to dinner somewhere in our 'hood and having cake at our house. The best birthday gift (although I've had some great ones:)- has been seeing family and friends this week and reminding myself how lucky I am!
I really only started packing today, although I've been running around town for a week getting gifts for my host family, essential toiletries (portable toilet paper), and getting the students ready for this trip as well. I'm pretty much ready to go, since I'm keeping the clothes, etc to a minimum (a feat for me). Although it definitely won't be relaxing as I am essentially 'in charge' of 8 students, I know that it is a wonderful and once in a lifetime opportunity. As long as I get through the flight, I know it will be great!
Stay tuned for photos and flip video that I will try to post while I am gone.
Thanks again to everyone who helped me make my bday so sweet!
No comments:
Post a Comment