Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sorry I'm a bit late with my wishes...I was a little sick on NYE but I think all the fun made me even sicker! We had an awesome time at Agave for dinner- we had a private table upstairs and the company was great...a really nice and fun group of 10. The menu included potato leek soup, a terrific salad, scallops with a spicy grit cake, a pork tamale with posole, and anise seed cookies with ice cream for dessert. It sounds boring, but I think the salad was my favorite- and I got to eat 2 of them for Matt! I'll post pics when someone (uh em, Sonia) emails them to me:)
Yesterday was spent sleeping in, watching movies, and grocery shopping. My mom gave me "Once" as a Christmas gift and we finally watched it and loved it! One of my favorite parts was seeing all the places in Dublin that I spent so much time in...namely Grafton Street, the "high" street where all the chain stores....(ah Monsoon and Accessorize how I miss you). We also saw "The Prestige" last night, which came from Netflix and has been sitting by our TV for weeks now (we really don't make the most of our subscription). We still can't figure out whey we hadn't seen it before, considering Christian Bale and Scarlett Johansen are in it...Matt and I's movie star crushes. We both really liked it. It makes me so excited for the new Batman movie that's coming out next year!
So, today....still sick. We're cooking Chicken tortilla soup (a cooking light recipe) and trying to stay warm- It's soooo cold here!

Good night...

No comments: