Monday, January 14, 2008

Random stuff




I think my brain's a little too over worked to do anything but list some things that have happened recently or are on my mind...I'll try to keep the school stuff out of it to minimize the snooze factor:

-This weekend, we tried a new Mexican place in Oakhurst for dinner with Sarah...food was good but the chips and salsa just can't compare to the standards- La Casita and Taqueria del Sol.
-Friday night, Matt and I went to Kevin Rathbun Steak, the site of (one) of Matt's bachelor celebrations before the wedding (he had 2, I always tease him that I'm jealous). It was sooooo good! What a treat!
-We met up with our friend Matt U. to celebrate his birthday at the Krog Bar. We sat outside, which was a little chilly even with the heat lamp, but it was still really fun (although we had a terribly annoying crowd sitting near us). Happy belated bday Matt U.!
-Last Tuesday was our good friend Blythe's bday- happy belated bday, soon to be mommy (again!)
-Sunday, we saw "The Great Debators", which was actually a sort of assignment from one of my professors. I really enjoyed it; it was really a well-done portrayal of that time period, extending just beyond this one debate team. I enjoyed that assignment a lot:)
-Sunday for dinner we went to Redfish with my parents and sister...Yum!
-OK I just realized that we really ate some good food this weekend:)
-I have to say that American Gladiators has sucked me in...it's so cheesy but fun. I love seeing the women kick butt and it makes me feel just a tiny bit more motivated to move my tush a little more...speaking of that, I went to my first kickboxing class since December today and I know tomorrow is going to be rough!
-I can't wait to go to Mexico in a couple of weeks...I even ordered a new bathing suit!

I've added some photos- 2 from New Year's Eve, with Matt and Sonia (separately) and Matt and I at cousin Mikey's wedding.
Hope this finds everyone well...
'Night

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are looking smokin! Just got back from skiing. I read your school/work schedule-now I need a nap! I think I see a small break for coffee on Wednesdays? I think I might be delusional but if I'm right I'll see you at the Goat place! :)

Unknown said...

I am finally checking out your blog - feels like I am always behind the times. Looks like I missed a fab NYE at Agave!

Great to see you today. Hope that you managed to get some work done.

Cheers!
Meg