


We (actually I) got back Monday evening from CA. Matt had to stay at the airport and hop on a plane to Charleston for work a couple of hours later- he returned Tuesday. We had a really nice time in CA. Matt's cousin Mikey's wedding was beautiful and it was great to see family. It was really fun to stay in Santa Monica for the weekend, which allowed us to meet up with friends of Matt's who live in the area on Saturday for brunch and Sunday for lunch. We went to a really awesome French place called Amandine for brunch on Saturday with Matt's friend Melissa who just got married in Sept. It was fun to 'talk weddings' with another couple and to catch up with them.
While Matt was attending to his groomsman's duties on Saturday afternoon, I walked to get my hair 'done' (washed and blown straight bc I'm lazy). One of my favorite things to do is walk around a city by myself. I know it sounds weird (and of course I loved going places with others), but I like just wandering around on my own time. It was a little cold and windy for L.A., but sunny. I wish I had pictures, but my camera is broken:( Here's a shot from a wedding at the hotel from their website.
So, we're back for a short while...we leave early Monday for Utah to ski in Park City with Matt's family. We'll celebrate Christmas with my family on Sunday. I'm not sure that my bro will make it, but at least we can celebrate with my parents, sis, and grandmother that day.
Until then, I still some shopping to do along with planning and studying for exams next semester. I spent most of Tuesday being jet lagged and getting settled and yesterday I read one of my new 'study' books all day. Last night, Matt and I did a little Christmas shopping. Today, I'm having lunch with Sonia and Meg, followed by dessert at Chocolate Pink, a new dessert place in Midtown. I can't wait! Then, I have a meeting for school this afternoon.
Hope all is well with you!
PS- If you're in the market for shoes, piperlime.com is having a big sale...check it out!
*Just added- Check out Meg, Sonia, and I at Chocolate Pink yesterday..we're so cute:) It was SO good!
No comments:
Post a Comment