It's been almost two months since we took our amazing 9 day trip to Heidelberg and Paris (thanks FF miles!) I think pretty much everyone reading this has seen more of the pictures and heard about our trip, so I won't go into blow by blow detail about everything. If you want to know more, please ask! I thought that I'd just list my favorite places to eat and things we did.
Paris:
1. Falafel at Au L'As du Fallafel: They say it's the best falafel in the world. I know that it was definitely the best I've ever had.
2. L'Avant Comptoir: A teeny, tiny bar/restaurant that's adjacent to a much more expensive, fancier place. This place was incredible. You order from a huge menu (pictures of the different items hanging from the ceiling) tapas-style and eat standing up at the bar. Awesome!
3. Bread! Every kind and everywhere!
4. Spring Restaurant: Our fanciest, most unique meal of the trip. The chef is actually American, but has been in Paris a long time. It's also a very small place, with the tables seated around the kitchen so you see and hear everything. It was awesome.
5. Fat Tire Bike Tour: We took a 4 hour guided bike tour around Paris. Highly recommended!
6. Musee d'Orsay: I love this museum. My favorite museum in Paris is the Picasso museum, but it's closed for renovations. The d'Orsay is a close second. We ended up going on the first day of the month, when it's free to everyone....so the line getting in was long. But, I guess it was nice to save that money.
7. The Latin Quarter, St. Germain des Pres, and the Marais: Beautiful neighborhoods. One of my most favorite things was to just walk around these areas and the parks within each. We stayed in the Latin Quarter and liked it, but we might want to stay in the Marais district next time. So beautiful!
8. The Eiffel Tower at night: We didn't go up at night, but we watched the sunset behind it from the lawn. A lot of people had picnics and wine- very romantic!
Heidelberg:
1. Vetter - awesome, traditional brew house. We ate there 3 times in 3 days!
2. Hot chocolate at a Belgian chocolate house on the Hauptstras
3. Walking around the
4. The castle lighting and fireworks at night, illuminating the Heidelberg Castle.
5. Our hotel- it was right off the river in a historic townhouse with a little balcony.
No comments:
Post a Comment