Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sarah is the teacher of the year!

This morning I went to the Teacher of the Year celebration for my dear friend Sarah. She and I in our first year of teaching and we taught K next door to each other basically. Sarah has remained at that school and has been through a lot there. She is an amazing teacher and a wonderful friend. I am so proud of her! It was a nice celebration for her, although a little last minute. I always enjoy going back to that school for a visit since there were so many nice people there that I worked with. Sadly, Sarah is leaving the classroom this year to pursue a job with Primrose Schools (I believe they are daycares and have Pre-K and maybe K too, but correct me if I'm wrong Sarah). I think she'll be great at this new adventure, which will be a great way for her to use her knowledge of curriculum, leadership skills, and vibrant personality in traveling a lot...but I am sad because it is a loss for the students.

Congrats Sarah!!!!

No comments: