A new semester is always a time I use to clean out the clutter and refocus. After turning in grades a week or so ago, I cleaned the whole house and did some closet organization. The IRA conference and then a school retreat was a nice professional refresher as well last week. On Monday, I completely cleaned out all my files and shelves in my office at school and feel like I finally know everything I have!
Monday was the first day of a new semester- Maymester. I'm taking a class that meets 3 days a week on campus and 2 days online. Won't be too bad, just lots of work crammed into 3 weeks. I'm also trying to plan the new class I am teaching this summer and fall, along with getting 2 articles out to hopefully be published (I really need to be published at this point...lots of pressure).
On Monday, I also started the South Beach diet. I have tried it in the past, but saw a new edition of the book had come out with more recipes and flexibility. After loading up at the grocery store on fresh veggies, lean meat and dairy, I cooked for at least 3 hours Sunday night trying to get some things prepared. Last night, Matt made me a dessert from the book after I botched it Sunday night. So far, so good. The first two weeks are the hardest with all the restrictions, especially when trying to think about going out to eat and with all the time it takes to shop and cook. I feel good about making good decisions for myself though, so I am positive. Change is good.
1 comment:
I love the feeling of cleaning out! Congrats and Good Luck with South Beach!! Sending hugs! I don't leave for vaca until 19th.
Post a Comment