Sunday, November 18, 2007

trying this out...

Lately I've been thinking a lot about how I used to keep a diary to document all that happened to me. I can still go back to my old diaries, from elementary to college, and feel what it felt like to be in that time. My diary of the time I was living in Ireland was so detailed that lately I've been thinking of trying to write a book someday about my time there...after I finish my dissertation of course!

I know that blogging has been around for quite awhile and I'm jumping on a bandwagon here but I'm hoping that this will be a place for me to reflect and share with others who I may not be able to talk to a lot these days. I'm still a little unsure about all this technology:) but here I go!


Just to start out, this weekend has been busy but fun! Friday night, my sister and I took my mom to a movie to celebrate her bday which we weren't able to actually celebrate with her on her actual day because of school and work. We saw Dan in Real Life and I really liked it...it was sad but romantic and sweet. I love Steve Carrel and John Mahoney (I think that's how you spell it)- who played the dad in my all time fave movie, Say Anything.

Saturday morning, Matt and I woke up super early (6:45!!) to meet our friends James and Mark at their house to drive to Athens to attend a UGA football game. Some of you may know that I attended UGA and went to 2 games total while I was there, so you are going - really Katie? right now. But, Matt has never been to a game and being a lover of anything sports-related, I knew he really wanted to go when James invited us. We tailgated with James' dad before the game and really had a good time. The traffic coming home was terrible and we were pooped when we got back but it was worth it.

After a nap, we headed to Virginia-Highlands to Limerick Junction to celebrate our lovely friend Sarah's bday.....after 2 hours of waiting for her :) she arrived looking gorgeous due to 1. great genes and 2. my sister doing her makeup wonderfully, and we had a blast! Midnight struck and the craziness of the day hit , so we had to head home for bed.

Today has been all school related- had to deal with an unfortunate situation with one of my students and my boss (bad situation in her student teaching) and then have been grading papers all day. Soon, we'll have dinner at La Casita (yum) with my sister before we all head to Kroger to get supplies for our assigned desserts we are making for Thanksgiving at my parents this week (Us- Pumpkin pie, Laura- chocolate-pecan pie). Then, Amazing Race is on and more grading!

Happy weekend all and have a great week!

2 comments:

6 of Four Creations said...

Welcome to blog land! :)

Dan in real life is great. I laughed so hard and felt the sadness as well. It was a well rounded movie!

Cathy Lo Davis said...

Hey Katie... I am glad that you started a blog so I can keep up with what is going on with you :) I miss you a bunch! Happy Thanksgiving!