Thursday, April 12, 2012

We're having a baby!


....which I realize is probably not news to anyone who is reading this:) We found out that I was pregnant in early December and the first few months were....hard. 24/7 nausea and fatigue, combined with not wanting to tell a lot of people in the first trimester came at the same time as the holidays and the beginning of the semester. Whew! Thank goodness for saltines, naps, and great husbands who help pick up the slack.

I was told that as soon as I hit the second semester- poof- I would feel awesome. That didn't quite happen....it took a few extra weeks or so for the nausea to finally go away, but for the last 5 or 6 weeks, I've been feeling much, much better. Now, my appetite is back in full effect. I'm now 5 and a half months (or 22 weeks in 'pregnant' speak- I always told myself I'd translate this to months for non-pregnant folks. Whenever people would tell me how many 'weeks' they were, I'd scramble to do the math for a minute).

But, throughout all of this, I have been happier than I think I've every been. Happy and grateful. We are so lucky, and I have to pinch myself sometimes to remember this is real.

On March 30, we found out that this baby is a girl! We were very excited to know for sure-I'd had a 'feeling' almost since the first day I found out, that this baby was a girl. Most of all, it was awesome to find out that everything is looking healthy and 'normal.' We would have been excited about a boy or girl, but now it's just nice to know and be able to plan (ehm, shop:)

So, hopefully..maybe, this pregnancy and baby will get me to blog more. We'll see!

For now, here's an Ultrasound picture...the technician added the text. I feel funny about posting the "it's a girl for sure" picture because it seems wrong in some way to share my daughter's (my daughter! wow!) most intimate body parts on the internet before she ever has a say about it:)

No comments: