When you are doing 8 million things. Isn't that how the saying goes? I apologize to anyone that actually keeps up with reading this, since I clearly have not been. But, as you know, things have been busy around here. This is why I haven't been writing....
1. The House- We have been enjoying unpacking, buying some furniture, and generally just enjoying our house. We still have some boxes to unpack but we are having a housewarming party soon...so I am hoping that will motivate us to do it by then:)
2. Holidays....We had a very nice Thanksgiving with my family here in Atlanta. It was very quiet and nice. I worked most of the holiday week. After Thanksgiving we bought a very nice, but fake tree that actually looks pretty real. Here it is! It's exciting to have a full size tree for the first time together! We'll celebrate Christmas with my family here before we head to Utah for 6 days with Matt's family for skiing.
3. School/work (same thing)- I've been working hard to get my prospectus (the proposal for my dissertation ) finished very soon. I hope to defend it (OK, have to defend it) in March at the latest which means it's actually due in early February. Teaching 3 classes (but mostly grading for them) and coordinating the program I am has kept me very, very busy. I went to a conference in Orlando for about 5 days recently and while the conference was just "OK", I had fun going to Epcot and Hollywood Studios one day. I'll be doing quite a bit of work over the 'break' since I have a lot of program coordination-type things to do before the semester begins on the 5th....too early!
That pretty sums up the major stuff. We had 2 holiday parties to go to this weekend, but Matt is pretty sick and I am either just plain exhausted or getting sick, so we missed them both:( We are now obsessed with the show "Weeds" (yes, about 5 years late to that) so we've been at home watching that and getting excited about our new bedroom furniture and mattress that will be delivered this week!!!
Shopping, wrapping, packing (and unpacking), cooking, and cleaning are overloading the to-do list, but it's all stuff to be grateful to be able to do!
2 comments:
I miss reading your blogs... Facebook has made me blog less on our website. I definitely do check your blog every so often, so don't stop writing!
Matt and Katie-
Your house is beautiful! Thanks for such a lovely housewarming party and asking us to be a part of it!
M&A
Post a Comment