Monday, December 29, 2008

A White Christmas







We left Atlanta the Monday before Christmas for Park City, Utah where we go every year to ski with family. Although I had a cold for the first few days of the trip, it was a really nice time and I did manage to ski on Friday (and only fell once). Although I definitely don't feel like a 'real skiier', I found myself more confident and able to enjoy it more rather than just worrrying about whether I will break my leg the whole time. It was the snowiest trip since I've been there and it was gorgeous to have a real white Christmas. The highlights of the trip included Matt's cousin Alex's song and dance routines, a delicious Christmas dinner at Chez Betty, ice skating on Christmas day, and major scores at outlet stores. We got home last Sunday with no delays at all. Here are some photos of the trip......

Once we got back home, I was greeted with a lovely stomach bug and then the same cold that kept fighting it's way back to me (and is still lingering).

This is definitely the time of year that above all else, I realize how lucky I am to have such loving and supportive family and friends. I am so thankful and blessed.

Happy New Year to all!

No comments: