Thursday, August 28, 2008

i am a bike person now




To say it's been a busy couple of weeks would be an understatement. School has started and things are nuts...it's going well but keeping me busy. More on school later...and I still need to post pics of our trip to CA on the way back from Hawaii. I am behind, I know!

There's been lots of good news lately in the midst of all of the madness- The same day my friend Allie got engaged, so did my old (but still good:) friend Margaret Anne. Her new fiance's name is also Brad...cool huh? So, now we have 2 weddings to attend in 2009, yay (of course I'm assuming that we'll be invited:)- We also found out that 2 different couples we know are pregnant (exciting!), but I won't spread their business with the world! Oh, and my friend Meg and her hubbie just closed on her first house yesterday....so cool!

I also got a bike this week! Here's a photo from the K2 website. Matt bought a bike awhile ago and has been loving riding around our 'hood and to places nearby. I have been slowly warming up to the idea and finally realized that it would be a good way for us to spend time together. So, on a rainy Monday night, we found an awesome deal on this bike at REI and took it home. We rode in the rain for a bit Tuesday night and I had fun. It's a very comfortable, non-serious bike and most importantly, it looks pretty cool too:)- Check out my awesome helmet too!

2 comments:

Cathy Lo Davis said...

The bike and helmet are super cool and totally you! Plus, if you ride your bike instead of drive, you are helping the environment! I haven't talked to you in a long time. I hope work is not too crazy for you, Mrs. Professor! I MISS YOU! We are planning on going down to GA in late October!

Bungalow in the Hollow said...

I think I saw you! It was on one of our crazy moving days, so didn't stop to make sure it was you - but now that I see the helmet . . . pretty darn sure!

Very cool! Thanks for the congrats on the house :)