It's been a busy few weeks- not particularly exciting, but busy with summer school and such. Next week, everything is 'due'- my stuff and my students' final work, so after that will be lots of grading and turning in grades. I'm hoping to get a lot of planning done for fall semester which starts in a month (ah!) before we leave town (more on that later)....
Today was my last day of bootcamp. I've really enjoyed it, despite the early mornings (especially when I had to go the 6am instead of the 7am if I had an early meeting). I feel like my fitness has really increased, and this week on all of our 'end of camp' activities where we compare our scores and times to the first week, I improved greatly! I did almost twice as many push ups and squats as I did in week 1 today- woo hoo!
We also ran the Peachtree Road Race last week, which is a 10k. After going to bootcamp Monday-Thursday that week and the fact that I am not a runner by any means, running 10k on Friday was a little rough. It was my second year, but this year seemed harder- I think it was a combination of being sore from bootcamp and that the ending was more uphill than last year, which made my final impressions of the race very negative overall. We pretty much passed out for the rest of the day, so our 4th of July was pretty uneventful but fun.
We have a pretty laid-back weekend planned for this one. Hope yours is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment