Friday, February 29, 2008

Let me explain

Today I received my 3 comp questions from my three committee members.
Comp =Comprehensive Exams. In a Phd program, one has to 'pass' these in order to move onto the dissertation process. Places do them in different ways. In my department, you can arrange with your committee to either sit and do them one at a time on the spot, or you can arrange to take them home and work on them. This means that expectations are higher, since you've had resources and more time to do them. So, I received my 3 questions today and have to return them on March 28th. In addition to these 3, we (all phd students) have to sit for 2 department-wide comp exams and write them in one night. I am doing this March 18th.

I explain all these to say- if I don't happen to talk to you this month (until March 28th) please don't be offended. It's a lot to do. Luckily, I planned this so that I will have all of next week basically open, since it's GSU's Spring Break. I also have less teaching responsibilities in March although I still supervise interns in the field.

Sorry, this is by far the most boring post ever. But I thought it would be helpful to explain. Prayers, good thoughts, vibes are all needed and appreciated this month:)

Have a good wkend!

No comments: