Wednesday, August 29, 2012

You Are Here

Dear Josephine,

You are here. I can't believe that it's been almost 2 weeks since you arrived and changed our world forever. I really can't imagine what life was like before you were here.

Every day with you has been different, with its own challenges and joys. The first five days or so were quite challenging, but things get better every day as I heal and we all get more sleep. Your dad and I love you so much that sometimes it actually hurts a little. Most of the time, I am so relieved when you go to sleep because I need the break (to sleep, eat, or shower) but then after a couple of hours I miss you like crazy and want to wake you up to see your pretty eyes. Your eyes are the best- they are big and brown and when you look at someone, it looks like you are really looking at them. The pediatrician at the hospital says you seemed to be an 'old soul' and I agree. The moment you came out of the water and I held you, you looked at me with those eyes like you had known me forever.

Here are some pictures of your first 12 days or so....it's time for mom and dad to eat some dinner before you wake up from your nap (which should be any minute).





Love,
Mom

No comments: