(photo retrieved Feb. 1, 2011 from http://www.world-city-photos.org/Paris/photos/Eiffel_Tower/Eiffel_Tower_orange/) I try to refrain from not posting for awhile and then the post being a list of everything that's happened since then- but I'm not doing so well so far this year! But, to quickly recap-
We went to CA for Matt's Grandpa's funeral service a couple of weeks ago. It was a lovely service and great to visit with family that we don't often see. We also managed to squeeze in a couple of trips to In N Out and Coffee Bean, of course. We were also introduced to a dance game on Matt's cousin's XBox, which started something....more on that in a minute. It also happened that were home for Matt's mom's birthday, so we got to celebrate it with her.
School is keeping me busy! I thought things would slow down since I graduated, but some of my newer job duties are keeping me on my toes. But, I haven't been working on the weekends so far, which has been awesome. I've been spending a lot of time with Matt, friends, and family- which keeps the weekends pretty full, but in a good way:)
Dancing- So, we (I'm including Matt here, he may not like that) loved playing this XBox dancing game in CA, where you have to dance along to a song and follow the moves of the dancer. We don't have an Xbox, but there's a similar game for a Wii...so, we got that this weekend and we are enjoying it so far:) It's a great workout and lots of fun. I have to say that I'm happy to finally have a video game that I can actually beat Matt at:)
Europe!!!: We're starting to plan more for our trip early this summer. Originally, we were thinking we'd go to Belgium too, but the more we thought about it, the more we realized that we'd rather take our time in Paris and do some day trips there, and add an extra night to Heidelberg too. The 'Castle Lighting' there happens to be the weekend we're there, which is cool because it only happens a few times a year. We booked our hotels for Paris and Heidelberg, and we've just started looking for some great restaurants to try in Paris. I get excited every time I look at my Delta app and it tells me how many days until the trip. Definitely something to look forward to at this time of year....
Next up: I'm helping to throw a baby shower for a friend this weekend, we're going to a concert and to a nice dinner the following weekend (thanks Lindsay!), and crossing our fingers that this weather improves!
No comments:
Post a Comment