


Sorry for the major lack of postings lately. As many of you readers know, there has been some *major* excitement and stress (the best combo right??) going on in our world these days. I don't want to get into that now, but I will surely try to post more when things are settled and we have great news to share!
For now, I wanted to share some photos of the beautiful and fun wedding we went to in Wilmington, NC last weekend. Our friends Lara and Bill, who we have gotten to know through Matt's friends from his program at Emory (otherwise known as the "Allison/Alison/Alysons", although this group includes people with other names:), were so gracious to invite us to share in their awesome celebration. Wilmington is a beautiful town and we drove there with 2 of the Als (thanks to them, Matt and I did not have to aruge over each other's driving and just got to sit in the backseat!). On Friday night, we had dinner and met up with the wedding party for a pre-wedding shakedown at a bar/restaurant. Saturday before the wedding, we had time to have a great brunch and walk around downtown Wilmington with friends before the wedding started.
The ceremony took place on the beach and was so personal and amazing. I love how they wrote their own vows. The weekend was also great because we also got to meet our friends Erik and Amanda's little boy for the first time, Trent (you can see he enjoyed the ceremony on the beach). They were not able to make it our wedding and so it was great to meet Trent finally. The reception took place in a historic loft-like building in downtown Wilmington (which is SO cute). It was filled with great creative details like a candy bar, a great long table for the wedding party, and lots of brown and blue (our favorite color scheme of course). There was a lot of love in the room for Lara and Bill. They are such a fun and warm couple.
Sunday morning, Lara's parents hosted a brunch at their beach house, which was a great way to get us going before our long trip home. Congrats guys!!!
All photos by Ali P. (thanks Ali). I don't have a little camera anymore so I have to rely on others!
No comments:
Post a Comment