Tuesday, March 4, 2008

REM

Last night, my sister called me to tell me that her friend Dustin had called her and asked her if she was free to do REM's makeup in Athens today for a TV shoot. My first reaction was - Oh my gosh, what a great opportunity and my second one was- I am coming with you.

It's kind of a long story, but Dustin has a friend whose husband works with REM in Athens and so when they needed someone last minute, he mentioned her name. CBS's Sunday Morning was shooting a special with them today in preparation for their new album coming out. Laura was a little nervous, but excited. Luckily, since it's Spring Break, I could come with her (comps, what comps?) I drove (in the torrential downpour that was this morning's weather) us to Athens this morning and delivered her at REM's offices and then their small studio. I then had lunch and planted myself at a coffee shop nearby in the hopes that she'd call to tell me when I could pop over and meet the band:) I actually got a good bit of work done...and finally, at the end of the day I was able to come in and watch the band perform through window on the door. Even though I had my camera and couldn't persuade Laura to ask for a photo, it was still a thrill to see and hear them from so close. Laura had a great time and it was such a good opportunity for her work. You can see the show on March 30th and judge it for yourself!

1 comment:

Cathy Lo Davis said...

That's awesome Katie! Especially awesome for your sister... I will definitely try to catch the show!